Jera Pipkin of Republic, Missouri, is currently serving her first year wearing the bright green coat.
“It has been an honor to be able to give back to an association that has given so much to me,” Pipkin said. “I wouldn’t be where I am today without it. Angus runs in my blood.”
With the green jacket comes many responsibilities. Here are some fun facts you might not know about the National Junior Angus Association Board.
1. No, they are not golfers nor Masters winners.
The green coat symbolizes growth, it stands out and frankly, the past members who chose it simply liked color. Oh, and it matches the shavings at Junior Nationals!
2. Indeed, they travel coast to coast.
Who doesn’t like to travel?
3. There are 12 NJAAB members total.
There are six new members (one per state) and six that serve a second year and they are voted into their positions by Junior Delegates.
4. There are currently four Board Members who are students at Oklahoma State University.
5. No, they don’t just work the ring.
They host leadership conferences, plan different events and fun activities for the Junior members throughout each year.